[FX.php List] Very strange session variable problem

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Fri Feb 2 13:47:07 MST 2007

Well, here's how I resolved it:

The entire set of PHP pages were on my client's web server, which is
running PHP 4.3.10; until about the 12th, this was all working
flawlessly.

So just now I took all the PHP and moved it to my web server, which
is runnign 4.4.4, and it immediately worked as it should.

So as I think about it, I suspect that the client's web server had
been altered (messed up) somehow so that session variables weren't
being properly stored or referenced. Here's why that makes sense: I
could set a session variable, then echo it back immediately using
"echo $_SESSION['var']" and it would work; however, as soon as I went
to a 2nd page and tried echoing it back again, it would fail.

Anyway, all's well now; that's why I like working on my own web servers!

Thanks,

bob at longtermsolutions.com

   CONTACT US VIA INSTANT MESSAGING:
      AIM or iChat: longterm1954