[FX.php List] [OFF] Trouble with clients trying to download DOCX files from web server

Alex Gates alex at gandrpublishing.com
Sun Dec 30 15:33:42 MST 2007

The .docx format is the default format in Word 2008.

Tiger has the ability to open .doc natively (in text edit) - and I
imagine Leopard was made to address .docx natively as well.

Perhaps I'm missing something here - but even if your client requires
that all file types can be uploaded, you surely can't guarantee everyone
will be able to properly open every file type.

Office 08 for Mac will be out in mid-january. Until then, in order for
Tiger users (who use microsoft office) to be able to open .docx, they
will need to install the plugins that andy linked to.

I believe open office can handle .docx as well.

Alex