[FX.php List] First Mass email = Too Many Redirects for Safari

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Wed Dec 19 10:06:19 MST 2007

Jonathan,

I guess my first question would be why you're doing this from the
browser and not directly from the database.

Assuming that there's a logical reason why this needs to be done from
the browser, my second question is whether each email is distinctly
different; if not, you could of course send a single email to all
recipients using a BCC.

Third, I use a mail script that someone gave me, called "sock mail";
it's a PHP page with the mail function in it, and I call the function
from within my PHP pages. I don't really know *anything* about the
sockmail function; it may be the same as PHPmailer, but I don't know;
I do know that it's been incredibly reliable for all the sites where
I've used it.

Random thoughts... :)

Best,

bob at longtermsolutions.com

   CONTACT US VIA INSTANT MESSAGING:
      AIM or iChat: longterm1954
      Yahoo: longterm_solutions
      MSN: tech at longtermsolutions.com
      ICQ: 159333060

Contact us for FileMaker hosting and programming for all versions of
FileMaker
PHP • CDML • Full email services • Free DNS hosting • Colocation •
Consulting