[FX.php List] Help Desk:Just build it?

Jonathan Schwartz jschwartz at exit445.com
Thu Dec 13 22:04:19 MST 2007

Hi Folks,

Am looking to move my registration system clients up to the next
level by adding a "ticket system" to handle incoming inquiries from
registrants, directed to client staff.  Currently, inquries arrive
via email and get cc'd to multiple people....including me.  I take
the technical ones.  We all have to be clairvoyant to know who is
taking which inquiries.  We never see the responses.

It seems easy enough to build.  We already know who the registrant is.  I see:
	- Form entry generates line item in ticket table. Log in assures that.
	- Status of Ticket is OPEN until closed
	- Email goes to list of staffers who could/should respond
and/or staffers consult online list
	- Staffers can answer directly to end user or perhaps
generate a discussion with other staffers? Haven't thought this one
out yet, but the need is there
	- Prevents things from falling thru the cracks
	- Documents responses
	- Help generate FA'sQ for next time
	- Could even auto-generate tickets from the inevitable emails
by parsing them.

Did I answer my own question? Or is there more to it?

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Schwartz
Exit 445 Group