[FX.php List] $_GET not working in links after upgrade from FM5.5 to 9

Nick Trenary trenaryn at crlibrary.org
Tue Dec 11 08:58:41 MST 2007

I am working on upgrading from FM5.5 to 9 and I am finding a few quirks
with my existing code.  I have several web pages where a user would see
a list of records, they could click on a link for that record and see
specific information about that record.  After the migration my _$GETs
don't seem to be working.

In page one which lists the records I create a variable for a ProgramID
field like this:
$recID = strtok($value['ProgramID'][0], '.');

and then used $recID in my link:
echo "<td class=\"$style2\"><a href=\"moreinfo2.php?id=$recID\">More
info</a></td>\n";

In my 'More info' page this is my initial code:
$query = new FX ($serverIP, $webCompanionport, $DataType);
$query->SetDBPassword ($dbPassword, $dbUser);
$query->SetDBData ('Events.fp7', 'web');
$query->AddDBParam ('ProgramID', $_GET['id']);
$result = $query->FMFind();

print_r($result); shows

Array
(
    [data] => Array
        (
        )

    [linkNext] =>
    [linkPrevious] =>
    [foundCount] => 0
    [fields] => Array
        (
        )

    [URL] => http://web:webuser@192.168.10.3:80/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.xml?-db=Events.fp7&-lay=web&-max=50&ProgramID=2529&-find
    [query] =>
    [errorCode] => 401
    [valueLists] => Array
        (
        )

)

It doesn't appear to be passing the value at all.  This code worked in 5.5.

Nick Trenary
Computer Information Systems Analyst
Cedar Rapids Public Library
Office: 319.398.5145 x267