[FX.php List] Bad apostrophe character confounds FMP

Troy Meyers tcmeyers at troymeyers.com
Mon Dec 10 10:30:54 MST 2007

Patricia,

Pure PHP that doesn't generate output doesn't need it, but ones that generate PAGES sent to a browser must have the encoding declared with the META tag, but also must actually be saved with that same encoding so that the characters sent to the browser match the encoding stated in the META tag.

PHP or FX was apparently built relying on the UTF-8 no BOM encoding.

-Troy