[FX.php List] Bad apostrophe character confounds FMP

Troy Meyers tcmeyers at troymeyers.com
Mon Dec 10 10:18:22 MST 2007

Jonathan,

I think it looks normal to the user. It's just that the browser sends it back with the wrong encoding.

Open the file in BBEdit.

Down at the bottom of the window there's some information about the file, like "HTML" and "UnicodeTM (UTF-8, no BOM)" and "Unix (LF)". Each is actually a popdown.

If there isn't "UnicodeTM (UTF-8, no BOM)" but instead "Western (Mac OS Roman)" or some other encoding, select in that popdown the UTF-8 one. Then save the file again.

-Troy