[FX.php List] having some trouble with the basics

Dale Bengston dbengston at preservationstudio.com
Tue Aug 28 11:34:48 MDT 2007

If you're using the example databases, you don't have problems with
special characters. I don't think you're getting a database
connection from FX. Some things to check:

Are your databases set up with the proper privilege sets/accounts to
serve to the web? (fmxml)
Are you databases visible in the Web Publishing Engine? If not, FX
won't see them either.
Have you set the IP address of the machine where the WPE is located
(and other important variables) in /FX/server_data.php?

I hope this helps,
Dale