[FX.php List] Special Value List through FX.php

Andrew Denman adenman at tmea.org
Fri Aug 24 17:22:36 MDT 2007

I think I know the problem here, I just don't know if there's a fix:

I have set up a value list in FileMaker (CurMagMonth) that contains values
of the Month field on the currently approved Questions table occurrence
(Questions_Display) with the "Include only related values starting from:
(Setup_Display)" option.  These two tables are related as such:

Setup_Display::Approved (=YES) = Questions_Display::Display_Approved (=YES
if approved)

This value list gives me a list of magazine issues for the currently
approved questions.

>From within FileMaker I can see the value list on records where
Display_Approved = YES.  When I try to access it on the web through FX.php I
get an empty value list: http://office.tmea.org/tutti/answer_display1.php.
This happens even when I've given the web user full access to all fields,
tables, value lists, and even scripts in the database.

My thinking is, since you get value lists in FX.php through the FMView()
function, it is essentially using a blank record so the Display_Approved
field is blank and doesn't create the relationship necessary to see the
value list.  I've tried setting the Display_Approved field with AddDBParam
when using FMView() to no avail.  Am I working beyond the capabilities of
FMXML / FX.php trying to use this value list on the web?

Andrew Denman