[FX.php List] Approach to User initiated mass mail capability

Jonathan Schwartz jschwartz at exit445.com
Fri Aug 17 11:02:34 MDT 2007

Alex,

This is a much longer discussion, but the solution to your challenge
extends past a cooperative ISP.

If you plan to send mass emails from an ISP using a Dynamic IP, your
emails have a far greater chance of hitting the spam bucket than if
the email originated from a Static IP.

Is this fair?  No.  But it's the reality of dealing with spam filters
that use any glint of information they can to decide if incoming
emails are legit or not.

I discovered this tidbit the hard way.  My emails were being sent
from my home office (Comcast with dynamic IP) through my own mail
server at a colo facility (static IP) and on to the recipients.  Spam
filters were blocking my emails due to the Comcast origination.  I
now send the campaigns directly from the mail server at the colo.

Again...this is a pandora's box.  If you would like to see how your
emails rate with all the spam filters out there, sign up for free
24hour demo at emailreach.com.  Prepare to be frustrated. ;-)

Hope that helps.

Jonathan