[FX.php List] Backing up to an external drive

Jay Sayers jaysayers at mac.com
Thu Aug 9 12:14:04 MDT 2007

Sorry about that Troy. After I wrote that  I realized I was looking
at it from the point of view as a Mac OS X Terminal user:

fmserver:fmsadmin = owner:group

Since you are using Mac OSX and mentioned using the include
"enclosing" items, I believe that is synonymous for executing.

Anyway, I just took a look at my server setup and it's backup to a
drive that is NOT the boot drive. My path is the following:

filemac:/160GB_RAID/Backups/DBBackup/

filemac:/<drive name>/<folder>/

Make sure you have the correct syntax as well! I didn't even think of
that until I saw this. You have to make sure that you have the "/" in
the right places. If this seems to be the problem and if you get the
chance, let me know what path YOU are trying to put in.

When I got info on the "DBBackup" folder, I see the following:
Owner: fmserver
Group: fmsadmin

Let me know if any of this helps...or if more help is needed.

Jay