[FX.php List] Backing up to an external drive

Dale Bengston dbengston at preservationstudio.com
Thu Aug 9 10:04:16 MDT 2007

I do mine locally and then script their backup to another location.
This offers protection in case the external source is not available;
at least I have the local backups.

In one case, I'm using Chronosync to copy the files offsite. In
another, I'm using Synchronize Pro to do the same thing to a private
shared volume. In another, I'm using Retrospect to back up the FMSA
backup folder to AIT tape. In yet another, I'm using an AppleScript
to copy the backups to a shared server volume. (This one's a client
mandate that I am not happy with. I don't like the idea of the
database backup files on a public server.)

Dale