[FX.php List] Re: FX.php_List Digest, Vol 37, Issue 10

John Lannon jlannon at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 10:35:00 MDT 2007

> Message: 10
> Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 18:34:58 -0400
> From: Bob Patin <bob at patin.com>
> Subject: Re: [FX.php List] [OFF sort of] Shifting from 8.5 to 9
>         gradually
> To: "FX.php Discussion List" <fx.php_list at mail.iviking.org>
>
> There are some significant differences in FM Server 9:
>
> 1. You don't have to install the Web Publishing Engine to do PHP
> hosting anymore (at least with the FM API).

Regarding Bob's point #1:

I was under the impression that the Web Publishing Engine is still necessary
for Web Publishing in 9. However, Server 9 and Server 9 Advanced both ship
with the WPE. The difference is that Server 9 does not ship with Instant Web
Publishing and ODBC/JDBC support. So - and please correct me if I'm wrong -
one still has to deal with WPE (and it's concomitant Java quirks).

John