[FX.php List] [OFF sort of] Shifting from 8.5 to 9 gradually

Roger Moffat rogerkiwi at aol.com
Tue Aug 7 11:01:41 MDT 2007

On Aug 7, 2007, at 12:22 PM, Troy Meyers wrote:

> I'd like to be able to use the advanced authoring tools of FMPro 9
> Advanced right way (like having multiple script windows open), so I
> _think_ I'd like to put that on my machine first. If it takes it, I
> could avoid using new database features so that the client machines
> (10 of them, FMP 8.5) don't urp.
>
> Can I mix the various versions of the different components without
> causing troubles?
>
> I sure don't want my PHP to stop working, let alone employees'
> workstations.

I'm doing that at the moment...

I didn't buy maintenance on FM Server Advanced, so am using FM Server
Advanced 8.0 with databases that are now being developed using
FileMaker Pro Advanced 9.

It was as simple as installing the FileMaker Pro Advanced 9 software
- it has taken over the .fp7 files on my machine and they open with a
double click.

The PHP should be unaffected by this change.

Cheers

Roger