[FX.php List] Global field works on one table but not another?

Joel Shapiro jsfmp at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 3 16:04:40 MDT 2007

Dan, you're a better mind numb-er than I  :-)

However...

Jon, do you need to use the global value over the web or just locally
in FMP?  I had thought I'd seen something the other day (on one of
the FM lists) that opening scripts DO get called even when opened
over the web (in the pseudo-client of FMS/WPE).  But I just created a
new global field on a hosted file, put a SetField in an opening
script, and my php page shows no value for the global.

So, if you do need the global value over the web, then it looks like
Dale's original suggestion is what you'd need to do (close the file
off of FMS, open the file locally, set the value, close the file,
open it in FMS)

-Joel

>>> FX.php_List at mail.iviking.org