[FX.php List] Accepting user input on multiple records simultaneously

Jonathan Schwartz jonathan at exit445.com
Mon Apr 23 19:35:11 MDT 2007

Almost there with the brute force solution....

So far, I have:
	1) Added a check box to every line item in the line listing
of found records.
	2) Added a form around the entire listing, with submit button.
	3) Pointed the submit button to a new file that processes the
$_POST array (this is the root of the question)
	4) perform a foreach to update each record with the -recid
sent over from the check box on the original page.

Everything works in spite of my fumbling.  The only problem is that I
am using $_POST which returns exactly 1 line more than the actual
number of boxes checked (the input buttton name is included):

[1] => 1
     [2] => 2
     [3] => 3
     [32] => 32
     [34] => 34
     [37] => 37
     [41] => 41
     [44] => 44
     [48] => 48
     [52] => 52
     [click] => Submit Selections

So, the final loop of the foreach produces an error.

Is there a better way to handle the array from the $_POST?

Jonathan Schwartz
Exit 445 Group
jonathan at exit445.com
http://www.exit445.com