[FX.php List] [OT] FireFox/IE7 form action

Derrick Fogle derrick at fogles.net
Mon Apr 16 23:37:32 MDT 2007

I've got something odd going on with FireFox(mac) and IE7(Win). Safari
(mac) does not have the problem. I have a very simple form, just a
login. The form submit goes to itself and does error checking. If the
login is not successful, the login form regurgitates, with the
submitted userid echoed back in the form.

If I submit that form again right away, it LOOKS like the browsers
are submitting an empty form. Even if I have echo $_POST['fieldname']
as the 2nd statement after session_start(); the echo statement
returns a blank.

If I wait a minute or two, I can submit the form and it works again.
It never fails the first time, only on subsequent submits. And if I
keep typing stuff in and submitting, I always get unpopulated $_POST
variables on the response page. But if I wait long enough, the form
submit will always go through OK. That would make sense except for
the fact that Sarari does not exhibit the problem.

This is just a simple sight hosted on GoDaddy, for free. Is it
possible the framesets they insert to put their ads at the top are
dropping my submit values?

Does anyone else have any ideas what's going on?

Thanks,

Derrick Fogle
derrick at fogles.net