[FX.php List] Problem with Global fields

Erik Andreas Cayré erik at cayre.dk
Fri Apr 13 08:39:14 MDT 2007

I've run into a lot of similar 'challenges' with Global fields

Aside from the very good suggestions already posted, i want to add
one which I've used successfully:

Create a table (FMP7+) or database (FMPU6) which from the outset will
contain only one record.
In this table you create regular fields for 'Global' you need.
Relate this table to whichever other tables you need it to work with
using a calc number field =1 (on both ends of the relation).
This last trick ensures any record in one table will always relate to
all records in the related table.

This way you can have fields which act global the way many people
expect/need. Like global variables in PHP...

regards

/eac

>>> FX.php_List at mail.iviking.org

---
Erik Andreas Cayré
Spangsbjerg Møllevej 169
6705 Esbjerg Ø

Privat Tel: 75150512
Mobil: 40161183

---
»Kun p....sure mennesker kan ændre verden. Innovation skabes ikke af
'markedsanalyse', men af folk, der er afsindigt irriterede over
tingenes tilstand «
--Tom Peters

»Hvis du ikke kan forklare det simpelt, forstår  du det ikke godt nok.«
-- Albert Einstein

»Hvis du ikke har tid til at gøre det rigtigt, hvornår vil du så have
tid til at lave det om?«
-- John Wooden, basketball coach