[FX.php List] Strange session variable behavior

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Sun Apr 1 09:44:07 MDT 2007

I'm writing a site where I'm using a session variable to login users
and either allow or deny access to certain pages in the site.

When I come back to the site, after closing my browser, my session
variables are still set; I thought that closing my browser killed any
session variables--isn't this the case?

If so, then why doesn't my session variable get dumped when I close
my browser? For that matter, when I went to a 2nd browser (Firefox),
I was STILL able to retrieve the session variable...

Correct me here if I'm wrong; should I not be able to close my
browser to close out any session?

Thanks,

bob at longtermsolutions.com

   CONTACT US VIA INSTANT MESSAGING: