[FX.php List] Getting floating point numbers through FX

Erik Andreas Cayré erik at cayre.dk
Sat Sep 30 12:50:08 MDT 2006

Hi all,

I've run into a problem getting non-integer numbers from FMSA8.0v4
into php.
I have no problems with integers, but when the numbers have
fractions, I get into trouble...

I'm guessing this has to do with how FX parses the XML output from FMSA.
Does anyone now if all data in $FMResult['data'] is represented as
strings?

This code now works:
1			foreach ($return_data['data'] as $key => $fmrecord)
2			{
3				if ($fmrecord['status'] == "paid")
4				{
5					$_SESSION['turnover'] += $fmrecord['price'];
6					$_SESSION['balance'] += $fmrecord['price'] - strtr($fmrecord
['avance'], ",", ".");
7				} else {
8					$_SESSION['canceledCount']++;
9				}
10			}

because on line 6 I added strtr() to transform comma into decimal point

This shouldn't be necessary.
Is there a way to set a preference in FX or PHP affecting the type
change from string to number?

Any related comments?

---
Erik Andreas Cayré
Spangsbjerg Møllevej 169
6705 Esbjerg Ø

Privat Tel: 75150512
Mobil: 40161183

---
»Kun p....sure mennesker kan ændre verden. Innovation skabes ikke af
'markedsanalyse', men af folk, der er afsindigt irriterede over
tingenes tilstand «
--Tom Peters

»Hvis du ikke kan forklare det simpelt, forstår  du det ikke godt nok.«
-- Albert Einstein

»Hvis du ikke har tid til at gøre det rigtigt, hvornår vil du så have
tid til at lave det om?«
-- John Wooden, basketball coach