[FX.php List] About scripts

DC dan.cynosure at dbmscan.com
Mon Sep 25 18:04:09 MDT 2006

my advice about using scripts was because of performance issues. it
blocks access to all FMP WPE for all other requests for as long as
the script runs. as far as performance flaws goes, there is some
getting used to calling scripts because of the fact that multiple
requests to the db through FX (as in not using prefind for instance)
are not treated the same way with reference to globals - FMP global
fields  are cleared (reset to default) each new FX request.

you're probably better off doing whatever you are trying to do in PHP
anyway... can you spell it out and maybe someone here can give you a
tip?

dan