[FX.php List] About scripts

Jonathan Schwartz jonathan at eschwartz.com
Mon Sep 25 17:40:47 MDT 2006

Is there a list of best practices in using scripts in fx.php?
Perhaps....don't use them? ;-)

I'm spent *alot* of time trying to get a simple script to work, and
the results a re just screwy.

I'm doing an fx find for a single record and run a script at the same
time.  The scripts is supposed to go to the related record set (1 or
two records max) and then loop through the found set.  Instead of
finding the desired related record set, the GoToRelated command finds
all records. We won't talk about looping through the entire. Yes, I
have the GTRR settings set correctly.  The script runs correctly in
native FMP mode....just not when fx calls it.

I'v heard recent advice not use scripts.  I'm not sure if it was
because of performance slowdowns or performance flaws.

In the meantime, I'm going to startng thinking about how to do the
same functionality with calcs instead.

Jonathan Schwartz
FileMaker 8 Certified  Developer
Schwartz & Company