[FX.php List] Anyone using XSLT anymore?

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Wed Sep 20 08:25:02 MDT 2006

I have a client who's been trying to do the impossible in FileMaker,
storing HUGE HTML files in a FileMaker table and then trying to get
them to display rapidly on the web. We reached a brick wall with
speed (there would be about a half-million records in the database),
so they moved on to another consultant who has been talking to them
about using XSLT.

My question is this: doesn't XSLT use the same WPE that FX.php does?
Doesn't the data still have to be translated to XML? Would there be
any speed improvement by using XSLT over PHP? And finally, do you
guys know of anyone even using XSLT anymore?

Thanks for any opinions,

bob at longtermsolutions.com

   CONTACT US VIA INSTANT MESSAGING:
      AIM or iChat: longterm1954