[FX.php List] Re: FX.php_List Digest, Vol 26, Issue 24

Lindal, Mark mlindal at pfc.forestry.ca
Mon Sep 18 09:30:01 MDT 2006

I think I fixed the coding issue.  My Apache version 2.2 has set UTF-8 as
the default character set so eventhough my pages has specified ISO-8559-1,
apache was overruling this and changing the pages to UTF-8.

But 2 points

- good idea about the UTF-8 decode that may work if I can figure out how to
test for it.
- as well I think that in the FX.php library there may be a way of handling
the "case fmpro5/6" situation right there and send the coding with
iso-8559-1 since we know this is required for fmpro 6.

And sometime within the next 2 years we may be able to convert to version 8
and solve the problem.  Until then, I will have to work with the hand I am
dealt.

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 6
> Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 12:00:53 -0700
> From: "William Akey" <wcakey at hotmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [FX.php List] Re: FX.php_List Digest, Vol 26, Issue 23
> To: "FX.php Discussion List" <fx.php_list at mail.iviking.org>
>
> Hi Mark,
>
> Don't know if this will help, but  in addition to the utf8_encode()
> function
> in PHP, there is also a utf8_decode function. Now, if you had a way to
> determine that the posted info was utf-8 encoded, you could apply the
> decode
> function and be on your way.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> William

Mark Lindal
Publications Technician  / Technicien, publications
Canadian Forest Service  / Service canadien des forêts
Natural Resources Canada / Ressources naturelles Canada
Government of Canada     / Gouvernement du Canada
506 West Burnside Road   / 506, chemin Burnside ouest
Victoria, BC V8Z 1M5     / Victoria (C.-B.) V8Z 1M5

mlindal at pfc.forestry.ca