[FX.php List] Re: FX.php_List Digest, Vol 26, Issue 20

Lindal, Mark mlindal at pfc.forestry.ca
Wed Sep 13 10:01:44 MDT 2006

I am trying to get a form to search the FM database and having trouble
remember what to do about apostrophe's.

Whenever we search on a word like: l'étude I get no results using the PHP
form.

On the list.php page I see the form is adding '\' so when I
print_r($_REQUEST) I see: l\'étude

ok fine - so I then use stripslashes to get it back to l'étude and put to a
FMFind() on the new data and....

no results

However when searching for the same string in filemaker we get the results.

What do I need to do? I have a feeling it is something to do with Filemaker
6 and the encoding (UTF-8) vs Latin, but what can I do?

Thoughts please...

Mark Lindal
Publications Technician  / Technicien, publications
Canadian Forest Service  / Service canadien des forêts
Natural Resources Canada / Ressources naturelles Canada
Government of Canada     / Gouvernement du Canada
506 West Burnside Road   / 506, chemin Burnside ouest
Victoria, BC V8Z 1M5     / Victoria (C.-B.) V8Z 1M5

mlindal at pfc.forestry.ca