[FX.php List] Display text within a static-sized rectangle (for eventual printing)?

Jonathan Schwartz jonathan at eschwartz.com
Tue Sep 12 19:28:23 MDT 2006

Joel,

My first thought was to create a calculation that takes into account
not only word and character count, but line returns as well.

Let's say the limit is 1000 characters over 10 lines, or 100
characters per line.  That would be the max. The person could put one
character on each of ten lines and fill the space. Charcount is 10
but line count is 10.  Line count overides char count.

Did I miss something along the way?