[FX.php List] Query Question

Derrick Fogle derrick at fogles.net
Fri Sep 8 09:09:28 MDT 2006

OK, since I haven't run across this myself yet, I'd like to ask the
list for some clarification on this issue. I'm under the impression
that there really is a glitch in the FM7SA XML query that keeps date
range searches like "9/8/2006...9/10/2006" from working correctly.
But I don't understand what difference these two approaches make the
FMP's XML query:

This works? -
> $dateRange = date("n/j/Y", $startDate) . '...' . date("n/j/Y",
> $endDate);
> $query->AddDBParam ('Event_Date', $dateRange);

This doesn't work? -
> $query->AddDBParam ('Event_Date', date("n/j/Y", $startDate) .
> '...' . date("n/j/Y",  $endDate));

Sorry, that just doesn't make a lot of sense. By the time the data
gets submitted to FM7SA's XML interface, the string should be exactly
the same one way or the other. Did one of the FM7SA updates fix the
XML query bug? Or is there something in FX.php that mangles the
concatenation embedded in the AddDBParam statement vs. the pre-
concatenated text presented in a single variable?

Someone please help me understand.

Thanks,

>>> FX.php_List at mail.iviking.org
>>> FX.php_List mailing list