[FX.php List] carry data over

Erik Andreas Cayré erik at cayre.dk
Wed Sep 6 17:12:35 MDT 2006

Den 06/09/2006 kl. 19.03 skrev Jonathan Schwartz:

> f folks see a value of a "former beginner" explaining things in
> this fashion, please let me know.  I can do more.

I've been thinking for a while about having an FAQ on this list.

Some time in ancient history, when I still used news (nntp, anyone
remember?), I noticed a good practice on many newsgroups.
Some seasoned regular on these newsgroups would maintain and
regularly repost an FAQ.

The idea is quite simple:
Collecting the most valuable bits of 'gold' and reposting these to
the list helps all users. It solves the 'where did I store that great
tip I read some months ago?' and the 'gosh! I just arrived and all
this talk is way over my head. ...I feel ...stupid?'

Chris, and others, what do you think?

---
Erik Andreas Cayré
Spangsbjerg Møllevej 169
DK-6705 Esbjerg Ø

Home Tel: +45 75150512
Mobile: +45 40161183

»If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.«
-- Albert Einstein

»If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do
it over?«
-- John Wooden, basketball coach