[FX.php List] carry data over

Alex Gates alex at gandrpublishing.com
Wed Sep 6 06:13:11 MDT 2006

Gary,

You'll need the recid of the page you want to edit -
On your FileMaker layout, create a calculation field that is
Get(RecordID) http://www.filemaker.com/help/FunctionsRef-251.html

Before you move to the second page, you'll first need to find the record
you just created.  Bring back the record ID, make it a session variable,
and use it on the following pages as the parameter in your edit.

Your edit will look something like this:

$edit=new FX($serverIP,$webCompanionPort,'FMPro7');
	$edit->SetDBData('FileName.fp7','LayoutName');
	$edit->SetDBPassword('password','username');
	$edit->AddDBParam('-recid', $recid);
	$edit->AddDBParam('AdditionalField1', $additionalfield1);
	$edit->AddDBParam('AdditionalField2', $additionalfield2);
//(and so on)
	$editResult=$edit->FMEdit();

The Ultimate Guide to FileMaker and PHP is a really great resource -
page 152 walks you through a wonderful example.

http://www.fmwebschool.com/filemaker_php.php

I hope this helps - - I didn't go step by step through everything, but
the Ultimate Guide does - - I've used it a lot and I find it very
helpful.

If anyone has anything to add that I have forgotten, please do so.
I'm still trying to get my feet wet with this stuff, but I like to try
to help whenever I can...

Alex P. Gates