[FX.php List] multiple entries for updating.

Kevin Futter kfutter at sbc.melb.catholic.edu.au
Tue Sep 5 20:47:32 MDT 2006

On 6/9/06 12:04 PM, "FHASELTINE at aol.com" <FHASELTINE at aol.com> wrote:

> I have a FM field called Projects. The field "Projects" in my Filemaker data
> base permits entries from a value list in it and multiple entries are allowed.
>
> On my web page all the values in the "Project" field are visible.   However,
> how do I design an edit function for that field.
>
> I made a drop down list, but I could only change one entry and it wiped out
> all the others.
>
> I would like people to be able to select several Projects and have them all
> entered into the data base.
>
> Does anyone have any coding that would do this.
>
> Florence  Haseltine
> AIM: Fhaseltine
> fhaseltine at aol.com
> 240-476-7837

I'm not convinced I know what you're getting at here, but it sounds to me
like you're populating a select element with values from your value list. By
default, select elements are designed to allow you to select only one
option. To enable multiple selections, use the 'multiple' attribute:

HTML - <select name="element_name" multiple>

XHTML - <select name="element_name" multiple="multiple">

Having never actually needed to do this with PHP/FM, I'll leave it to
someone who has to explain that side of it.

--
Kevin Futter
Webmaster, St. Bernard's College

This e-mail and any attachments may be confidential.  You must not disclose or use the information in this e-mail if you are not the intended recipient.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately and delete the e-mail and all copies.  The College does not guarantee that this e-mail is virus or error free.  The attached files are provided and may only be used on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from the use of the attached files, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not.  The content and opinions in this e-mail are not necessarily those of the College.