[FX.php List] Search Syntx

Dale Bengston dbengston at preservationstudio.com
Sat Sep 2 11:07:16 MDT 2006

My understanding is that an FX query performs and actual FMP search,
so any of the search wild cards should work.

Back in the days of FMU6, you could actually double-check your
queries by choosing "Modify last find" in the FMU client and looking
at what was filled in. Any wild cards you hard-coded in the query
were visible in when viewing modify the last find. Likewise, if you
are using 'gt' or 'lt' or 'eq' in any of your db parameters, you
could see the wild card added in FMU.

I have not tested every wild card. I know that ... (three periods)
between two dates finds all the dates in that range, and searching on
emails is tricky because they contain the @ symbol which is also a
wild card.

That's a long way around to saying I think anything that works in FMP
will work if passed by FX to FMP.

Dale