[FX.php List] Plug-in's and Web Server Advanced

Erik Andreas Cayré erik at cayre.dk
Fri Sep 1 07:58:21 MDT 2006

Den 01/09/2006 kl. 15.21 skrev gerry.charest at agfa.com:

> I have a group of databases that are intended for web access only.
> I use a plug-in Tori File to do limited file movements on the
> server based on activities selected by the web user. Everything
> worked fine under the FMP Five and Six version of the web server, I
> think this is because the old web server was an actual client and
> had the files open in an application window. With the New 7 and 8.5
> Server Advanced running as a service, I can no longer process any
> scripts from the web that access the Tori File Plug-in. The plug in
> just returns "?". Processing other scripts is not a problem. Is
> there something special with the server? have I set something
> incorrectly at the server level and the plug-in? Any ideas?.

I think the Troi File plugin, as most if not all other plugins, is a
client-side plugin. This means that it will not work on the server.
You may want to check this with the publisher, Troi Automatisering.

> I'm Using FX PHP to make the calls to the web-enabled FMP Server
> all other scripts process as expected. I did not want to use PHP to
> do the file movements for security reasons.

You probably have no choice when running FMSA 7+.
I'm quite certain your solution can be made secure using PHP for file
manipulation though.

best regards

---
Erik Andreas Cayré
Spangsbjerg Møllevej 169
DK-6705 Esbjerg Ø

Home Tel: +45 75150512
Mobile: +45 40161183

»If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.«
-- Albert Einstein

»If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do
it over?«
-- John Wooden, basketball coach