[FX.php List] RE: Mixed search requests

Chris Bisgard cbisgard at racc.org
Fri Oct 27 15:09:29 MDT 2006

Dale, thanks...

> Fancy code: walk the array you get from FX using foreach.
> In the foreach you copy just the records you need into another array
> using whatever filtering is necessary.
> Use the new array for display and base your prev/next links on that.
> You'll have to store this array in a $_SESSION for your prev/next to
> work as expected.
> This will save some time looking in FM (just one search per session)
> and cost you some time with the larger array stored in the $_SESSION.
> I think you're ok, if your dataset isn't huge, and the data doesn't
> change very often.

I think this is exactly what I needed to hear. Just helped to have
someone describe the process for me. Now I just need to study that
FX-returned array a bit, and I think I'll be in business. Much
appreciated!

I don't think I'm going to try your clever global variable idea for
user-defined script parameters, but it sounds promising! If I end up
trying it, I'll let you know what happens.

Also, thanks to Dan for the advice to view array output within a <pre>
tag. Don't know why I didn't think of that! It was a huge help - thanks
again.

Chris