[FX.php List] RE: Mixed search requests

Chris Hansen chris at iViking.org
Wed Oct 25 14:54:44 MDT 2006

Chris,

A few thoughts to simplify things in terms of that array:

1) Look at DoFXAction() in the FX function docs.  It's similar to
FMFind(), FMEdit(), etc. but by default returns a collapsed version
of the array (minus the top and bottom levels...)

2) There are parameters to collapse the top and bottom levels of the
array in FMFind() and the other old functions.  That trailing [0] in
the older functions is only there so that repeating fields and
portals can be easily handled, but most fields are neither of those.

3) In the FX.php distribution there's a tool called the fxparser by
Lance Hallberg.  It rocks.  The point of this tool is precisely to
help folks understand what's going on in that array.

Hope some of this is of help, at least insofar as understanding the
arrays.  Best,

--Chris Hansen
   FileMaker 7 Certified Developer
   Creator of FX.php
   "The best way from FileMaker to the Web."
   www.iViking.org