[FX.php List] Ajax/LAJAX's JavaScript requirements

Joel Shapiro jsfmp at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 20 14:49:02 MDT 2006

I haven't tried it, but I would say no, you should not include the
brackets -- they're just to show that multiple fields are optional
and not required to perform the submission.  So querying on one field
would be:

  <form name="form1" id="form1" action="javascript:LAJAX.post
(url,updatePost,'name='+document.form1['nameField'].value);">

and querying on two fields would be:

  <form name="form1" id="form1" action="javascript:LAJAX.post
(url,updatePost,'name='+document.form1
['nameField'].value&'name2='+document.form1['nameField2'].value);">

FYI:  "document.form['field'].value" is JavaScript for getting the
VALUE of what's been entered into the specified FIELD on the
specified FORM -- before it's been submitted to the server.

If you were to hard-code the above form submission instead of using
whatever a user enters into a field, it would look something like:

  <form name="form1" id="form1" action="javascript:LAJAX.post
(url,updatePost,'name=Tom');">

this would find the same results as when a user enters "Tom" into the
form field "nameField"

HTH,
-Joel

>>> FX.php_List at mail.iviking.org