[FX.php List] Text encoding problem

Erik Andreas Cayré erik at cayre.dk
Sun Oct 15 00:16:04 MDT 2006

Are you doing any processing on the data from the form, before
storing in FM?

Can you show us the html form and the FX call to FM?

Den 15/10/2006 kl. 2.27 skrev Bob Patin:

> I'm trying to find the reason that I keep getting odd results from
> edited text.
>
> Here's what I see in the field before I click SUBMIT to edit the
> record:
>

> Brand new and factory sealed!
>
> Disc: 1
> 1. Everybody's Reaching out
>

> Here's what gets written into the record in FileMaker:
>
> Brand new and factory sealed!<br />
> Disc: 1<br />
> 1. Everybody's Reaching out
>
> I tried adding this line to the HTML pages:

> ... but it's not making any difference.
>
> Why is it writing all these line breaks in there?
>
> Thanks for any help,

---
Erik Andreas Cayré
Spangsbjerg Møllevej 169
DK-6705 Esbjerg Ø

Home Tel: +45 75150512
Mobile: +45 40161183

»If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.«
-- Albert Einstein

»If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do
it over?«
-- John Wooden, basketball coach