[FX.php List] Problem with AddSortParam

Chris Bisgard cbisgard at racc.org
Wed Oct 4 13:35:45 MDT 2006

Hi all,

This is a strange problem, and I'm just not sure how to debug it. I have
a fairly simple script that just lists events for any given date from a
calendar database in FM8. I am trying to sort the results by date, but
no matter what I do with AddSortParam, the results come up sorted by the
-recid. Even if I try sorting by a text field instead of date, it still
sorts by -recid.

Incidentally, I have a similar script that queries another database on
the same server, and it sorts everything fine. The only difference is
that the query in the broken script comes from a GET function
(hyper-linked from a little calendar table, so people can click the date
they want), and the script that works properly uses POST data from a
form. Would that have anything to do with it?

I will post the entire script if anyone needs to see it, but mainly I
was just hoping for some guidance on what to look for that moght be
causing the AddSortParam function not to work. It seems big enough that
I must be missing something obvious.

Thanks in advance,
Chris Bisgard