[FX.php List] Is anyone using FX.php with FMStudio

David Ness dness at bondedbuilders.com
Mon Nov 27 11:30:04 MST 2006

I used FMStudio on a recent small project, and even with the updates,
the code generated still had some issues. My page (fx.php) made two
fxfind's, the first one pulled up data necessary for the second one. I
really liked the way that I could apply results from one query in
another, drag-and-drop style, but, unfortunately, FMStudio generated
some of the  function calls out of order for the progression to work
properly. I was able to reorder the queries manually, but this broke my
ability to use FMStudio for the rest of the project, and the analysis
and fix required that I knew more about fx.PHP than if I had just used
only fx.php.

I did not try the FileMaker API version of FMStudio.

But the FMStudio project holds promise, and the underlying code
generated by FMStudio demonstrates some advanced coding techniques which
is interesting. I hope that FMWebSchool will stick with the project and
continue to work out the wrinkles.

http://www.fmwebschool.com/fmstudio.php

--
David Ness,