[FX.php List] And OR find

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Tue Nov 21 19:21:25 MST 2006

> I guess another approach would be to create a filed called (for
> example)
> yearSemester, which contained 2007fall than create related table,
> which
> contained one record for each year/semester combination, and
> contained a
> portal to the main db, using that key... then you would search the
> related
> table for 2007fall and 2007spring... probably just getting silly
> now ;-)

Even better! You're right, it could all be done in a single field... :)

So far I've been able to use this sort of solution to avoid doing any
script-triggering in PHP. I used to do a lot of CDML programming, and
script-triggering was always a source of problems from time to time...

Best,

bob at longtermsolutions.com

   CONTACT US VIA INSTANT MESSAGING:
      AIM or iChat: longterm1954