[FX.php List] And OR find

Steve Winter steve at bluecrocodile.co.nz
Tue Nov 21 16:33:08 MST 2006

Hi Jerry,

So if I understand correctly you want to find (for example)
( year = 2007 AND (semester = spring OR semester = fall))

If so, then you can't do that with one FX.php query (as far as I know).
You've got a couple of options...

1. do two queries, (year = 2007 AND semester = spring) then (year = 2007
AND semester = fall), then join the two result sets using PHP, or simply
output them independently...
2. do one query, (year = 2007), then use PHP to filter just the results
that you want eg
  foreach($results as $key => $value) {
    if($value['semester'][0] == 'spring' || $value['semester'][0] == 'fall') {
      // do some stuff with the recrods, or put them into a new array or
something
    } }
3. create a script in FMP that performs the serach, then pass those
results out...

Depending on exactly what you want to do with the output, and the number
of records in question, then I'd be inclined to go with either option 1 or
2...

Cheers
Steve