[FX.php List] [Slightly OFF] Can't access site from outside LAN

Joel Shapiro jsfmp at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 16 17:37:19 MST 2006

Hi all

I just put up a beta of an FX.php project at a client's office.
Everything works fine viewing the website from their computers (url=
IP address of FMSA box), but I can't access their server from outside
their LAN.  (The error msgs I get are: "Safari could not open the
page “http://xxx” because the server stopped responding." and "The
operation timed out when attempting to contact [IP address]" in Firefox)

Their IT person says there are no firewalls.  I had her try opening
the ports 50003 & 50006 (in addition to 5003), but that didn't help.
This is a 'one-box' FMSA configuration, Mac OS X (10.4.x) Intel.

I know it's not specifically a FM/FX issue since the site is up fine
internally, but I thought maybe someone here might have an idea of
what they can do.

Thanks,
-Joel