[FX.php List] urlencode() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given

Ben Bradley batfastad at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 11:45:36 MST 2006

Hi everyone

I've been using FX.php very successfully over the last 6 months to gradually
build an intranet database application.

Some of the old pages on our website still use a botched-job way of getting
data out of FileMaker and into PHP - building a CDML query eg
http://server.domain.com:591/?FMPro-DB=TEST etc...
Then on the format files I would have some PHP code which captured the
filemaker data and turned it into a PHP variable.
Then I would run an include on that CDML query address which would pull in
that code and have the filemaker data saved into PHP variables. Although
this method works, it would encounter problems when trying to include a
query string that was too long, or trying to save data into a filemaker
database was particularly tricky.

Anyway now with FX.php I'm having a problem accessing data from our
database.

The PHP error I'm getting is...
*Warning*: urlencode() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given
in */files/home3/dealerworld/FX.php
* on line *1425

*But the data gets outputted correctly just underneath that error message.
*

*The actual live page to see this happening is here...
http://www.dealer-world.com/page.php?p=amddirectory&s=listingform1

But you'll have to fill in some dummy information to get to the 2nd page of
the form where the error's happening - just above the checkboxes.
It is these checkbox names which are being dragged out of our FileMaker
database

I've set up a test page where I've literally copy and pasted the code from
that listingform2 page and I don't get the error, even though the PHP code
is exactly the same...
http://www.dealer-world.com/fxtest.php

The only difference between the 2 scripts could be that when I'm getting the
error, I'm calling FX.php from within an included script.
Would that cause the problem I'm looking at here?

Any ideas / suggestions?
I find it strange how I get the error on the main site, but not on my
fxtest.php page.

Best regards

Ben