[FX.php List] FMP and printer fonts

Erik Andreas Cayré erik at cayre.dk
Tue Nov 7 15:35:47 MST 2006

Den 06/11/2006 kl. 9.16 skrev Steve Winter:

> If anyone has any clever ideas about how I can replicate this with
> FMP 8,
> I'd been keen to hear... my initial thought is to create the cards
> that I
> want printing as a pdf, then somehow print that, with the correct font
> settings...??

Get TT version of your fonts. If you can't/wont buy them, you can
convert them yourself.
There are dozens of tools around for doing just that. Some
commercial, some free.
I'm a Mac user, so I don't know any specific tools for Windows to do
the job, but they're out there. Search the net for 'postscript
truetype convert windows free download'

That should get you started...!

> I'm also curious to know why it is that FMP no longer supports
> fonts other
> than TrueType on PC...??

This is a political/technical/economical decision made by FMI...
It was probably too expensive to continue support for PS fonts, when
everyone is moving away from these in favor of OpenType (which can
contain either TrueType og PostScript encoded font definitions)

Good luck with your project

---
Erik Andreas Cayré
Spangsbjerg Møllevej 169
DK-6705 Esbjerg Ø

Home Tel: +45 75150512
Mobile: +45 40161183

»If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.«
-- Albert Einstein

»If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do
it over?«
-- John Wooden, basketball coach