[FX.php List] FX on FM 8 Server Advanced

Jonathan Schwartz jonathan at eschwartz.com
Tue Nov 7 08:04:02 MST 2006

All together now.......YES! ;-)

Strip away all but the needed fields for the current fx.php page..
Also, consider using multiple layouts, with smaller selections of
fields for the fx.php page in current use.

Reason....FMP exports and transmits in XML format all fields on the
specified layout, whether they are needed or not.  Sort of like
bringing the entire kitchen when all you needed was a snack. ;-)

Hope that helps.

Credit to Dale.

jonathan

>Dale - Sorry to be a newbie but how do you limit your web accessible
>layouts to minimal fields needed for the web interface?
>
>On Nov 6, 2006, at 5:47 PM, Dale Bengston wrote:
>
>>Hi Mary Beth,
>>
>>Have you limited your web-accessible layouts to just the fields
>>searched and displayed on the web?
>>
>>Dale
>>
>>On Nov 6, 2006, at 2:02 PM, mary beth hewa wrote:
>>
>>>All -  I am hoping you can point me in the right direction on an
>>>issue we are having with our FX.php pages on our FM 8 Server
>>>Advanced platform. We are running FM Pro Server Advanced 8 with
>>>the Web Publishing Engine on the same machine -  G5 Xserve running
>>>10.4.7 Server with Apache and PHP. The server has a GB of RAM.
>>>
>>>The pages work but VERY slowly. I have made settings changes with
>>>the FM Cache but that doesn't seem to remedy the situation. We
>>>moved the PHP pages to a different Apache server to see if it was
>>>a web server issue. Still very slow on a different web server so I
>>>don't think it is an Apache issue.
>>>
>>>After I made the cache change in FM Pro (from 224 to 100), the
>>>integration was quicker but it slowed down again after a few hits.
>>>
>>>Here is a test page :
>>><http://128.143.31.105/php8/uip/sponsor/>http://128.143.31.105/php8/uip/sponsor/
>>>if you select an organization and leave the password blank, you can login
>>>The speed issue is not only at login but also when you try to add
>>>a new contact or add a new placement.
>>>
>>>Do you have any ideas about why this is so slow? We did not
>>>experience this problem before we upgraded to FM Server 8 Advanced
>>>(from FM Server 7 Advanced).
>>>
>>>many thanks for any advice you can offer.

>Mary Beth Hewa
>IT Director
>Cooper Center for Public Service
>434-982-5707