[FX.php List] FMP and printer fonts

Steve Winter steve at bluecrocodile.co.nz
Mon Nov 6 01:16:27 MST 2006

Hi Gjermund,

Yip, I'm sure it's a font... in both FMP 6 and other programme running on
the same machine, there are three special fonts, called Track 1, Track 2 and
Track 3.

They appear with a printer icon, instead of the TT icon, beside them in the
font list... In FMP 8 they are not there...

Since posting my message before, it's become apparent that on PC, FMP 7+
only uses TrueType fonts... this presents me with a significant problem, and
no obvious solution...

In the FMP 6 version of the system I have a layout, which contains a number
of fields on it, some of which are printed onto the plastic card in text, eg
the name of the group that the card is issued to, other fields, which
contain information for the magnetic stripe are also on the layout, but ion
the special printer fonts... without those fonts, rather than encoding to
the magstripe, the values associated with those fields get printed on the
card instead...

If anyone has any clever ideas about how I can replicate this with FMP 8,
I'd been keen to hear... my initial thought is to create the cards that I
want printing as a pdf, then somehow print that, with the correct font
settings...??

I'm also curious to know why it is that FMP no longer supports fonts other
than TrueType on PC...??

Cheers
Steve