[FX.php List] Value lists or Data (FMView or Mult. Queries)

Dale Bengston dbengston at preservationstudio.com
Thu Nov 2 17:06:56 MST 2006

Hi guys,

I use option C as well - store the data in a lists table and query it
to make value lists. Some advantages:

1. It's easy to set up a key & value pair for the value list, where
the key is the id and the value is more human readable data. So
you're storing the key and displaying the more friendly information
to the person using your system.
	C10001 => Bob
	C10002 => Joel
	C10003 => Dale
	C10004 => Gjermund

2. I can have other fields in my list table to sort on, besides the
actual displayed values.

3. The first time I need to use that list, I make the query and store
the data in a session array, and then I can reuse it subsequently
without having to query again.

Dale