[FX.php List] FMSA 8 and Intel Macs

Kevin Futter kfutter at sbc.melb.catholic.edu.au
Thu May 25 19:27:51 MDT 2006

On 25/5/06 1:22 AM, "Dale Bengston" <dbengston at preservationstudio.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I posted this to the FSA list too, but no replies so far. Anyone
> tried this yet?
>
> -Dale

> I understand that FileMaker Server Advanced 8 and FileMaker Server 8
> are not officially supported by FMI running under Rosetta on the
> Intel-based Macs. In spite of not being supported, does it work? Has
> anyone tried it? How about the Web Publishing Engine? I'm not talking
> about doing this in a production environment, of course. Just
> wondering if I should bother to install my FSA developer license of
> FMSA8 on my new MacBook Pro while I wait for Universal binaries...
> whenever that might happen.
>
> Thanks for your collective insight,
> Dale

We've tested the FM8 client under Rosetta on a MacBook Pro, and if anything
it seems slightly faster than the old G4 PowerBook. However, we haven't
tested any other configurations. I'd imagine that performance would be
similar across the product line. Since the WPE is largely Java-based, its
performance would be down to how the JRE runs under Rosetta, or whether
there's a universal binary JRE available.

--
Kevin Futter
Webmaster, St. Bernard's College

This e-mail and any attachments may be confidential.  You must not disclose or use the information in this e-mail if you are not the intended recipient.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately and delete the e-mail and all copies.  The College does not guarantee that this e-mail is virus or error free.  The attached files are provided and may only be used on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from the use of the attached files, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not.  The content and opinions in this e-mail are not necessarily those of the College.