[FX.php List] Skip Values

Kevin Futter kfutter at sbc.melb.catholic.edu.au
Thu May 25 19:23:31 MDT 2006

On 24/5/06 11:30 PM, "gerry.charest at agfa.com" <gerry.charest at agfa.com>
wrote:

> I have several forms that could pass a large number of fields and operators.
> This could cause the GET method to exceed its maximum length.  To avoid the
> length issues I am using POST exclusively in my query forms.  Now I am
> scratching my head trying to determine how to extract and reprocess the skip
> values to construct a Previous Next method to navigate through the found set.
>
> Is it possible to pull skip values out of a POST?
> Has anyone done this type of thing before?
>
> Regards
> Gerry

There are a number of ways to pass data between pages. If you¹re using POST
exclusively, your 2 main options are 1) Sessions (recommended); or 2) Hidden
fields. Sessions are your best option, as you can pass any data you like
between pages, whereas hidden form fields are really only effective between
a page containing a form and its Œaction¹ target. I¹ll explain more if that
isn¹t clear.

--
Kevin Futter
Webmaster, St. Bernard's College

This e-mail and any attachments may be confidential.  You must not disclose or use the information in this e-mail if you are not the intended recipient.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately and delete the e-mail and all copies.  The College does not guarantee that this e-mail is virus or error free.  The attached files are provided and may only be used on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from the use of the attached files, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not.  The content and opinions in this e-mail are not necessarily those of the College.