[FX.php List] Update text area field

Derrick Fogle derrick at fogles.net
Fri May 12 11:23:19 MDT 2006

There shouldn't be any technical difference between input from
textarea and input types, except that textarea is likely to have
newlines, whereas input types won't. I would echo out the actual
values that are coming back from the submit before the database
action, and see if there's something in the data that's causing the
DB to choke. Also remember you need to encode any HTML characters,
otherwise the display will get cut off at the offending character:

On May 12, 2006, at 11:58 AM, Jane Chinn wrote:

> This will display data from the field in the DB but it won't allow
> me to update:
>
> <textarea name="Description" cols="15" rows="3"><? echo $searchData
> ['Description'][0]; ?></textarea>

Derrick Fogle
derrick at fogles.net