[FX.php List] [OT] How to display special fonts in an HTML page

Kevin Futter kfutter at sbc.melb.catholic.edu.au
Wed Mar 22 19:32:57 MST 2006

On 23/3/06 1:12 PM, "Bob Patin" <bob at patin.com> wrote:

> Kevin,
>
> Thanks for your help; I realize now that I sent the copy where I was trying
> FONT tags... that actually wasn't the one that Dreamweaver generated... but
> I'll try removing those <!-- tags, although I thought they were mandatory; are
> they not?
>
> I'll give it a try... thanks,
>
> Bob

No, not mandatory Bob. In fact, I suspect they¹re technically invalid.
They¹re only there to hide the style declarations from older, CSS-crippled
browsers, and could be what¹s tripping up Safari, while Firefox blithely
ignores them.

I saw Steve¹s post about the permissions and fonts locations, but you¹d
expect to be seeing the same result in both browsers in that case, so I¹m
not sure that¹s the answer. Let us know how you go.

--
Kevin Futter
Webmaster, St. Bernard's College